Sunday 12 January 2014

Missing my connections, a journey to Poole

Today marks the start of my Clore Fellowship with a longer than planned journey to Poole for the first residential. Considering I only started at Wolverhampton it has taken over 6 hours to get here, thankfully to the fantastic RNLI College.

I must get the journey out of my system so I can spend the rest of the week focussing on what I learn, so here goes! The first train was late- always a bad start when you have connections to make, hence I missed the replacement bus for the second part of the journey. After catching the next one and passing through a flooded Reading to Basingstoke I boarded the second train (the original I also missed) for the last leg to Poole. Oh, I also ordered a tea to be given milk, sugar and a stick but no tea.... and a staff member tried to divert me to Southampton to get on a train that was leaving the station I was at? No idea where that logic came from.

But.... I am here, in the wet but very picturesque Poole, in a lovely room with a view on the bay. I have enjoyed a lovely meal and brief catch up with my fellow fellows and have my badge ready for the morning, I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment